What is the EVO ICL?
The EVO ICL is an implantable collamer lens and is a long-lasting solution to correct a wide range of visual acuity issues for individuals who are not ideal candidates for LASIK or PRK. The EVO ICL may also be a wonderful alternative for any person who wants sharp, clear vision without the need for glasses or contact lenses. The lens is crafted with biocompatible materials that sync with your natural body chemistry, making them very well-tolerated by the eye. At Focal Point Vision in San Antonio, TX, our board-certified ophthalmologists offer EVO ICL for our patients.
What Are The Benefits Of EVO ICL?
Our doctors at Focal Point Vision are focused on helping you achieve dramatically clearer vision with benefits, but with the EVO ICL, the benefits are far beyond clear vision.
- For patients between the ages of 21 and 45 years old
- Excellent night vision
- Corrects a wide variety of vision issues
- UV protection from the sun’s UV rays
- Effective for those who are not candidates for LASIK and/or PRK, and for those who have a prescription up to -20 diopters of nearsightedness and up to 4.0 diopters of astigmatism
- Reduces the need for glasses and contacts
- Treatment and recovery are fast and easy
How Does The EVO ICL Procedure Work?
Typically, patients with myopia or astigmatism who are at least 21 years old, have a consistent eyeglass prescription, and are in good overall health could be great candidates for this treatment.
At Focal Point Vision, EVO ICL surgery takes 30 minutes or less. Utilizing advanced laser technology, Dr. Maverick and Lehmann create a tiny opening in the eye to place your new lens, which is positioned behind the iris. After a healing period, you will notice an obvious improvement in your sight.
After EVO ICL surgery, many individuals enjoy clear, precise vision, with a 99.4% patient satisfaction rate.